Thursday 26 April 2012

Red and White

Good morning, How are we all?
The card I would like to share with you today I made for my friend. It is her granddaughter's birthday soon and she is having a bike. This cute image of Magnolia Tilda I thought would make a smashing card.

Recipe:
Blank 5" white card
Red and white textured card from the Capsule Card Collection by Paper-Mania
Stamped image Magnolia Tilda
Memento Black Tuxedo Ink
Patterned papers by DCWV
Promarkers - ivory, blush, vanilla, sandstone, cinnamon, coco, red lipstick, red, ice grey 1, warm grey 2 and warm grey 3
Ribbon and card candy from my stash

I am going to enter this card into two craft challenges.

Polka Doodles challenge
The theme is red and white and it is the first time I have entered this challenge. I follow the wonderfully talented Nikky Halls blog and I love her CD-Rom's, especially the Love and Cherish and Paper Boutique, which has a fabulous monkey on, which i have used lots when Mr Charlie needs a card for his school friends. Please pop over and see the wonderful cards and projects the design team have made.

Sketch n Stash challenge blog
The sketch this week was perfect for the card I was making. Are you like me, make the same kind of cards using a similar card layout? That is where sketches come into there own, stretching my imagination and challenging me to do a card or project out side my comfort zone. The other thing is that Sketch n Stash encourage you to find a neglected piece of stash and use it on your card. For me it was the gingham ribbon and the Tilda image, which I stamped for months ago, but the right project had not cropped up. I recommend you pop over and look at the sketch and the great cards the design team have made to give us some inspiration.

Julie-Ann x

.


6 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card and such pretty colours and image

    thanks for joining us at SnS

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab design and love how you rocked this weeks theme. Welcome to the PD madness !!!

    Lou
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card. Thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card and super cute image.
    Many thanks for joining us at SnS this week
    Hugs
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card, love the image and papers! Thanks for joining us at SNS this fortnight! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete